The Gustavus Adolphus College Alumni Board of Directors named 2010 Alumni Association award recipients at its Feb. 13 meeting. All awards will be presented at the Alumni Banquet on May 29, 2010.
Greater Gustavus Award:
- Mark Anderson ’66, vice president and dean of admission at Gustavus. Under Anderson’s leadership, enthusiasm, personal care, and climate of hospitality, the Office of Admission has provided the College steady enrollments of quality students.
Distinguished Alumni Citations:
- Carolyn Kruger ’64, Ph.D., Purcellville, VA, maternal and child health specialist, World Vision, in the field of social work,
- Patricia Walker ’77, M.D., Afton, MN, medical director, Center for International Health & International Travel Clinic, Region’s Hospital/Health Partners, St. Paul, in the field of medicine.
First Decade Awards:
- Christine Torborg ’00, Ph.D., Bethesda, MD, senior research fellow, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development,
- Brian Smith ’00, Ph.D., Oxford, England, tenure-track faculty position, visiting scientist, Clarendon Laboratory, experimental quantum optics and quantum applications, University of Oxford.